No lease or loan payments.
If has not happened too many times in your life, but right now you and your husband have no car payments. One of the vehicles, the one that your older daughter is driving, has some unrepaired hail damage, but the other three cars are in excellent condition. After a recent bumper repair that was covered by the other driver’s insurance, your younger daughter’s car is out of the shop and all four of you have a reliable vehicle to drive. The hail damaged car has the most miles on it, but it is still running great.
Keeping car in good shape and in a safe driving condition is not always easy if you live in a big city or if you have young drivers. When you finally reach the point when all of the cars are paid for and none of the vehicles need any kind of auto body work, you might feel a real sense of accomplishment.
Finding an Auto Repair Shop Requires Careful Attention to Many Details
if you have ever had to spend any amount of money or time getting a car fixed then you understand that the choices you make are very important. From repainting a car after an accident to finding the right shop to complete the body work that is needed after a hail storm, the process can be exhausting. The best shops have the longest waits and any amount of time that you have to spend without your vehicle can be a challenge. Accidentally settling for a shop that is not as good as painting a car as the shop with the longer wait can, unfortunately, result in problems that will effect the overall value of the automobile.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when painting a car is needed and the variety of services that are often needed to keep you car, whether it is paid in full or not, in its best shape:
- There are six basic types of windshield breaks: surface pit, combination break, half moon, bullseye, crack, and star breaks. And while some of these kinds of needed repairs are covered by insurance, all of them are important to address so that the driver’s vision is not compromised.
- Hail and high winds are not just a threat to a home. Vehicles, even when they are in a covered car port, can suffer significant damage in just a matter of minutes.
- Every insurance claim is different, but there are four main causes of auto body damage: weather, negligence, fender benders, and high speed collisions. Even the smallest event can lead to a costly repair, one that requires significant amounts of both money and time to fix.
- Research from a number of different sources indicate that there are approximately 6 million car accidents in the U.S. every year.
- In a study of accidents from the year 2014, there were nearly 2 million rear end collisions that year alone, accounting for almost 33% of all crashes during those 12 months.
- Getting a car fixed is a problem for many drivers a recent survey indicated that an estimated 77% of cars were in need of maintenance or repairs.
- Hhaving to deal with a rear end collision, as research indicates that there is on of these on U.S. roads every eight seconds.
- The kind of break in a windshield often determines the kind of repair that will be needed. For instance, 90% of stone breaks, which result in stars or bullseyes, in windshields never crack, another kind of problem that is known as floater cracks.
- Statistics also show that 72% of car crashes result in property damage.
- Having to get a car fixed requires both significant amounts of time and money.
- Over half, in fact 53%, of windshield cracks, repairs, and replacements are from a crack seven to 12 inches long, length that is considered a long crack.
- Persons not paying attention cause the majority of accidents. In fact, the three most common causes of car accidents in the U.S. are distracted driving, drunk driving, and speeding.
Finding THE RIGHT SHOP for painting a car or getting necessary auto body work is important if you want to maintain the value of your vehicle.