Truck or trailer driving is one of the most lucrative businesses in the world and a driving school is responsible to help you get your Class A Commercial Driving License (CDL). Without this license, you cannot drive a truck or a tractor. Trucks move about 70% of the nation’s freight making truck driving training an essential part of the economy. If you are looking to start a truck driving business, here is a list of vital things to have in mind.
- Write a detailed business plan: In your business plan, you need to capture all aspects of your driving school business. How will you manage the business? Which marketing method will you adopt? Do you have any risk management strategy, recruitment policy or expansion strategy? Capture as many details as possible.
Your business plan will help you stay focused on the specific steps you need to take to start and run your business. You will have a laid-out plan on how to achieve your long-term and short-term goals which help you make sounds decisions for your business.
- Register your truck driving school: To have your truck driving school accredited, you must first register your business. Make sure you get all the legal documents you need to run your business and register with tax authorities. The government does not like it when you do not pay taxes.
Strive to acquire accreditation. Your tools and trucks will be inspected before you are given the accreditation license. If you fail to get accreditation, any certificate you offer students from the CDL classes won’t be honored and your students won’t get their Classic A Commercial Driver’s license.
- Secure office space, classroom, and an open field: You will need somewhere to run your administrative job, rooms where students will learn the rudiments of driving as well as an open field where students can practice what they learn. You can get your office and classrooms in one block and liaise with your local authority to make use of the government open fields for driving practice and tests.
- Develop your curriculum: You don’t want your driving school classes to be boring, or seem mixed up and disorganized. You can either hire a professional to write a curriculum for your truck driving school or find a way to organize your knowledge into an interesting comprehensive curriculum. The most important thing to remember is to maintain the core instructions and center your curriculum on them.
Once you have your curriculum, you need to hire experienced instructors to take your students through the CDL class. You can start small by teaching the classes yourself and hire instructors as you go along.
- Market your school and open your door: Marketing is vital in spreading the word and enrolling students to your school. Offer the best services to gain your student’s trust, build your brand and get referrals from your students. A great review from a student is likely to pull in more students to your school.
Over the past five years, harsh weather has boosted the demand for towing services. There are at least seven punctures in the US every second which translates to 220 million flat tires in a year! According to statistics, a driver will experience at least 5 tire punctures in their lifetime. These staggering statistics show that there is no shortage of truck driving jobs. With a well-organized plan and a way to secure some track driving job, your students will be on their way to success.
cdl business, how to start a cdl school, how to start a cdl training school, how to start a driving school in texas, how to start a trucking school, qualifications for truck driving school, what do i need to start truck driving school, business plan drivers, cheapest az driving school ontario, driving school business plan in india, driving school business profits, driving school business proposal, how to apply for truck driving school, how to open a truck driving school in california, how to open driving school in ontario, how to start a driving business, midwest truck driving school escanaba michigan, north american trucking academy, setting up a driving school business, starting your own driving school business, truck driving school for sale.